Memorial to the victims of I. and II. world war
The monument is located in Bystričany. It consists of a pillar topped with a cross with a crucified Jesus. A marble relief with the names of the victims of both wars is placed on the monument. In the municipal part of Vieska there are two mass graves of victims of the Second World War.
The House of Mourning in Bystričany
The House of Mourning is an extremely timeless building. It was built in 1987. Its authors are Ing. arch. Ladislav Bánhegyi and Ing. arch. Eva Bánhegyiová, acad. arch.
Church of the Holy Trinity in Bystričany
The Church of the Holy Trinity was built in 1808, it was originally a chapel and was expanded into a church in the second half of the 19th century.
Belfry on Vieska
The cemetery in the Vieska part is the seat of an important municipal monument - the bell tower. Its construction is wooden, the bell is brass. The original bell was stolen in the past, so we replaced it with a new one. It is decorated with leaf and mother-of-pearl ornaments. A cross is placed on top of the roof of the belfry.
Church of St. Anna in Chalmova
The Romanesque church of St. Anna is located in the Chalmová district. It was built in the 12th century on a hill behind the village in the middle of the cemetery. The interior is dominated by the main altar dedicated to Saint Anne, with a central statue of the saint and a small Virgin Mary with kneeling angels.
Park and mansion in Chalmová
The beautiful environment of the park offers ideal conditions for rest and relaxation. It is rich in domestic hardwoods, maples, ash trees, birches and some foreign conifers, especially spruces and cypresses. It was inspired by English parks with entrance alleys and ponds. The area is dominated by an ancient mansion from the first half of the 17th century, today one of the few inhabited cultural monuments on the upper Nitra.
Railway from Chalmova
In 1896, a 28.6 km long railway line leading from Veľký Bielice to Prievidza was opened. One of its stops was in Chalmová (although it was originally thought that the route would lead through the center of Bystričany). The necessary land was sold by Mr. Dettrich. His condition was that the stop bear the name Chalmová. And so it was for decades. It was not until 1948 that the stop was renamed Bystričany.